CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Exam 2019: Sample Papers
The Board exams for class 10 will be held in February 2019. Students all across India are preparing for their Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class 10 board exam. Here is a chance to check your preparedness for the boards.
Importance of Sample Papers for Board Exams
Here, we discuss benefits of sample papers for students and why every student should take help of sample papers to get good marks in the board exams –
1. Exam Stress and Fear – Practicing CBSE sample papers get you an idea about the type of questions that will be asked in the exam and so students can prepare well enough.
- The sample paper is based on the actual question paper which helps students in getting an overview of the paper pattern including the type of questions like short or long answer type questions, mostly asked topics, marks etc.
- With sample papers, students can practice better to prepare for the exam and consequently, they are relieved from exam pressure and nervousness.
2. Preparation Analysis – Sample papers are based on past years question papers and syllabus of the CBSE Board and UP Board exam.
- Also, the solutions are available with the sample papers which help students in analyzing their preparation for the exam.
- When students practice with lots of sample papers, they come across repetitive topics and questions asked in past years exams.
- Accordingly, students can prepare well for most asked questions, important questions carrying high marks.
- Moreover, students can first solve the sample papers and then cross-check with the solutions to get an analysis
3. Helps in Revision – You have covered your complete syllabus for the exam, but how will you be able to analyse your preparation for each topic? You can check your preparation with sample papers which includes questions from each topic in different sections.
Solve as many sample papers as possible to cover each topic from the syllabus
4. Marking Scheme – for students of class 10 and class 12, it is very important to know about the marking scheme as decided by the CBSE Board and UP Board.
Knowing the marking scheme of the board exam helps in preparing accordingly and students can focus on questions and topics with more weight-age.
5. Self Confidence – Sample papers help students analyse their strengths and weaknesses so that they can focus on weaker sections.
- When students work on improving their weaker sections, they perform better with practising sample papers.
- This enhances their confidence and they do their best to get good marks.
- Also, not just weaknesses, students can also practice their strong sections with sample papers to perform better.
6. Speed and Accuracy – as students practice and solve a good number of sample papers, they improve their speed of solving questions and also, with regular practice their mistakes get less and they solve questions to get the correct answer.
When students cover each section, topics and questions (repetitive in exams), they spend less time on such questions in the exam and hence, complete their paper in time which is also beneficial so they can cross-check their answer sheets and look for any wrong attempts.
Conclusion: ‘Practice makes a man perfect’ – sample papers help you in making this a reality. As you practice more and more sample papers for CBSE Board or other Board exams, you can eliminate chances of attempting wrong questions. Therefore, with speed and accuracy, you can confidently appear for the exam and score good marks.