CBSE SYLLABUS OF CLASS 8-12 FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-2021
The CBSE curriculum is based on the National Curriculum Framework 2005 and provides opportunities for students to achieve excellence in learning. The curriculum refers to the chapters and academic content which is taught to students in the school. Basically, it is a planned set of education that includes course of study, subject wise content, pedagogical practices, and assessment guidelines. Also, it includes the marking scheme and syllabus for practical exams.
CBSE Syllabus contains the list of topics and subtopics to be covered in the course of study during an academic year. It includes a summary and list of chapters to be studied during the teaching and learning process in a particular class. Most of the national entrance exam ask questions based on CBSE syllabus.Here we have provided the CBSE curriculum for class 1 to class 12 in a detailed manner for all the subjects. NCERT releases the books which are purely based on the CBSE syllabus.
Objective of the CBSE Curriculum
CBSE aims to achieve the following objective through its curriculum;
- Students should explore their inner potential and enhance self-awareness.
- They must inculcate the values and cultural learning in them.
- They could able to promote life skills, set their own goals and acquire knowledge for lifelong learning.
- They could express their talent in public and also appreciate others for good work.
- Students should strengthen their knowledge and develop livelihood skills.
- Students should be physically fit, healthy and well being.
- They learn to utilize technology and information for the betterment of humanity.
- They must try to achieve Cognitive, Effective and Psycho-motor Excellence.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 8
In class 8 every student wants to achieve higher marks. They have competition feeling with their classmates. For achieving this they put all their effort into studies. But most of them could not able to score good marks. This is because they haven’t studied as per the syllabus and most of the question are asked from it. Thus, syllabus plays an important role in the performance of students. Everyone should know the syllabus and study according to it.
CBSE Syllabus Class 8 Download PDF
|CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Science||CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Mathematics|
|CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Social Science||CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 English|
CBSE Syllabus For Class 9
CBSE class 9 science syllabus provides the overview of the units and chapter under each unit of science subject. It also give the detail of marks allocated to each unit. Based on this marks distribution the annual paper will be design. So, it’s very important for the students to know the the CBSE Syllabus for class 9 Science. It will also help them in planning their studies in advance.
Mark Weightage Of CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus
The table below shows the CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus for the academic year 2020-2021 along with marks distribution.
|I||Matter – Its Nature and Behavior||27||50|
|II||Organization in the Living World||26||45|
|III||Motion, Force and Work||27||60|
Mark Weightage Of CBSE Class 9 Mathematics Syllabus
|VI||Statistics & Probability||10|
Download PDF CBSE Class 9 Syllabus
From class 9 children are considered to be mature and grown-up. The syllabus of class 9 is also designed in the same way. Instead of spoon feeding and rote-learning, class 9 syllabus focus on creativity and self-learning. This the main reasons why practical are added in class 9. So, it’s necessary for the students to have a look at the syllabus before they start their studies. It will give them detail about course structure and help them in planning their studies in a better way.
CBSE Syllabus For Class 10
Students appear for the board exam in class 10 for the first time. At this stage, they need proper guidance so that they put efforts in the right direction while studying. Knowing the class 10 syllabus will help them in doing so. Also, they can study the topics simultaneously with the class and finish the syllabus on time. In this way, they will get more time for revision and practicing the previous years’ question papers and sample papers.
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus Marking Scheme
As students can see in the table below that science syllabus is divided into 5 units with unit 1 carrying the higher weightage of 25 marks among all.
|I||Chemical Substances-Nature and Behavior||26|
|II||World of Living||23|
|IV||Effects of Current||14|
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus Marking Scheme
|VII||Statistics & Probability||11|
Download PDF CBSE Syllabus Class 10
CBSE Syllabus Of Class 11 and 12
The Central Board of Secondary Education designs and prescribes the syllabus of Class 11 for the academic year 2020-2021. The syllabus of CBSE Class 11 and 12 Board is also beneficial for those students who are planning to appear for competitive exams like NEET and JEE aspirants. Knowing the CBSE Class 11 and 12 syllabus of all the subjects will help students to get an idea about the topics they are going to study for the Academic year 2020-2021. Class 11 and 12 CBSE Board latest syllabus is very important for students to start with a proper preparation strategy.
CBSE Class 11 and 12 Syllabus Features
- It includes all the important information related to the subject. It gives an outline of the course structure.
- It works as a guide for the students as well as for the teachers.
- The syllabus also provides information about the assignments, projects, and practical that need to be covered for the respective academic year.
- CBSE Board Class 11 and 12 syllabus will help students to know the topics and sub-topics they are going for that particular academic year.
- Studying according to the Class 11 and 12 syllabus will help the students to be confident while writing the final exam.