JEE Advanced test for the admission in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) will be conducted on Sunday, May 20, 2018. Those candidates who qualify JEE Main 2018 Test will be eligible to apply for 2nd stage JEE Advanced Test. Get the complete details on JEE Advanced exam 2018.
JEE Advanced Entrance Exam – 2018
- Top 2.2 lakh candidates (including all categories) in the merit list of JEE (Main) Paper-1 will be eligible to write JEE (Advanced).
- Students, who fall either in top 20 percentile or posses aggregate of 75% marks in qualifying exam, will be eligible to write the JEE advanced examination. For most of the students, qualifying examination will be 10+2 board exam.
- The Offline Exam of JEE Advanced 2018 will be on 20th May, 2018.
- The examination is only available in online mode.
- The JEE Advanced 2018 will have two objective type papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- Each of the question papers will consist of three separate parts, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The question papers will be printed separately in English and Hindi.
- Official site of the exam – jeeadv.ac.in
About JEE Advanced
JEE (Advanced) is conducted by seven zonal IITs (under the directives of the JAB, Joint Admission Board) for admission to the undergraduate (UG) programmes in all IITs and ISM, Dhanbad. However, various other institutes also consider the score of this exam for granting the admission.
|Important Particulars||Day, Date and Time|
|Registration for JEE (Advanced) 2018||Friday, 27-04-2018, 10 AM to Tuesday, 01-05-2018, 05 PM|
|Admit card available for downloading||Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 10:00 IST to Sunday, May 20, 2018, 09:00 IST|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Date||Sunday, 20-05-2018 | Paper – 1 – 09:00-12:00 IST | Paper – 2 – 14:00-17:00 IST|
|Online display of ORS and scanned responses||Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:00 IST to Saturday, June 2, 2018, 17:00 IST|
|Request from candidates for review of scanned responses||Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:00 IST to Saturday, June 2, 2018, 17:00 IST|
|Online display of Answer Keys||Sunday, June 3, 2018, 10:00 IST|
|Receiving Feedback and comments on answer keys from the candidates||Sunday, June 3, 2018, 10:00 IST to Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 17:00 IST|
|Online declaration of results||Sunday, June 10, 2018 10:00 IST|
|Online registration for Architecture Aptitude Test||Sunday, June 10, 2018, 10:00 IST to Monday, June 11, 2018, 17:00 IST|
|Architecture Aptitude Test for JEE Advanced Qualifiers||Wednesday, June 13, 2018 09:00 to 12:00 IST|
|Declaration of results of AAT||Sunday, June 17, 2018|
|Seat Allotment (Tentative)||Monday, 18‐06‐2018 to Tuesday, 17‐07‐2018|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Syllabus||Click Here to Download JEE-Advanced-2017-Syllabus|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Information Brochure||Click Here to Download JEE-Advanced-2017-Information-Brochure|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Online Registration URL||Click Here to go JEE Advanced 2018 Online Registration|
Registration Fee For JEE Advanced 2018
Examination centres in India
- Female Candidates : INR. 1200
- SC, ST, PwD Candidates : INR. 1200
- All Other Candidates : INR. 2400
Exam Centres Outside India (SAARC Countries)
- All Candidates : USD 135
Exam Centres Outside India (Non‐SAARC Countries)
- All Candidates : USD 270
The following criteria shall be followed to appear in JEE Advanced 2018
- Date of Birth
- Gen/OBC – Less than 25 years on 1st Oct
- SC/ST/PwD – Less than 30 years on 1st Oct
- Number of Attempts
- Maximum of two times, in consecutive years
- Subjects in the Qualifying Examination
- At least five subjects
- Minimum 45% in all subjects
- Any one of
- Technical & Vocational Subjects
- Any other subject
- Academic Qualification
- Must have passed or appeared in Class 12th from recognized institution or equivalent
- For JEE Adv. 2018, Candidate must have passed/Appeared in Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2017 or 2018
- Students, who fall in top 20 percentile will be eligible to write the JEE advanced examination.
- Qualifying Examination (QE)
- Candidate must be in the top 2,20,000 (all categories included) in JEE Main 2018.
- Percentages of the total number of candidates for various categories: 50.5% for general (common merit list), 27% for OBC, 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST. within these categories (3% horizontal reservation for PwD)
- Consists of two objective type papers, Paper-1 & Paper-2.
- Each Paper consists of three parts (subjects) – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Each part (subject) will be further subdivided into sections.
- Each paper contains total 60 questions consisting of 20 questions in each subject of 60 marks, i.e., 3 marks for each question.
- The maximum marks are 180 per paper.
- Duration of each paper is 3 hours.
- In some sections, incorrect answers will be awarded negative marks.
- Question papers are provided in both English and Hindi Medium.
JEE (Advanced) Paper-1
|Section||Type of Questions||No. of Questions||-ve Marks||Duration|
|1||One/More Options Correct Type||10||0||3 Hours
|2||Integer Value type||10||0|
JEE (Advanced) Paper-2
|Section||Type of Ques.||No. of Ques.||-ve Marks||Duration|
|1||Only One Option Correct Type||10||-1||3 Hours
|2||Comprehension Type||3 x 2 = 6||-1|
|3||Matching List Type||4||-1|
NOTE – Please note that candidate should write their Name, Roll Number, name of the centre and sign with pen in the boxes provided on the right part of ORS. They should darken the appropriate bubble under each digit of their roll number in such a way that the impression is created on the bottom sheet.
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling
Candidates featured in the merit list will be called for counselling as per their ranks. They have to fill in the choices of institute and course in the decreasing order of priority. The list of courses available for filling will be available at the time of counselling. On the basis of seats available, options filled and merit list ranking; allotment of seats shall be done.
JEE Advanced 2018 Participating IITs
- IIT Bombay, Maharashtra
- IIT Bhubaneshwar, Orissa
- IIT (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- IIT Delhi, New Delhi
- IIT Guwahati, Assam
- IIT Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- IIT Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- IIT Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- IIT Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- IIT Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal
- IIT Madras, Tamil Nadu
- IIT Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- IIT Patna, Bihar
- IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- IIT Ropar, Punjab
- IIT Palakkad, Kerala
- IIT Goa
- IIT Chhattisgarh
- IIT Tripura
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT Jammu
- IIT Bhilai
Institutes (Other Than IITs) using JEE Advanced ranks
- Indian School of Mines Dhanbad
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (IISc)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Tiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Tiruvananthapuram (IIST)
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli (RGIPT)
- Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam