JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates have been postponed to September 1st to 6th & JEE ADVANCED 2020 Exam Date Postponed to September 27th,2020, HRD Minister Ramesh Pokriyal Announced:
JEE Main 2020: Exam Dates, Syllabus & Other Important Information:
Candidates can check below the new changes introduced in JEE Mains 2020 test:
- From the year 2020, the exam is being conducted separately for BE/B.Tech, B.Arch & Planning courses. Candidates can appear for all the courses or separately.
- Application Fee has been increased as compared to last year. It can be paid through online mode.
- Changes in Exam pattern: New changes have been introduced in the exam pattern of JEE Main 2020. The number of questions in the exam paper has been decreased to 25 questions (per subject) on comparison to last year (30 questions). Also, besides the MCQs in the paper there will be questions whose answers are to be filled as numerical values.
- From this year, the paper pattern of B.Plan has been separately introduced in JEE Main.
- From 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) is given the responsibility to conduct the entrance exams of JEE Main.
- NTA JEE Main 2020 will be conducted twice every year in the months of January & April in online CBT mode.
- The age limit to apply for JEE Mains has been removed. Now candidates fulfilling the eligibility criterion can apply for the exam irrespective of their age.
- For JEE Main B.Arch/B.Plan paper, it is mandatory for the candidates to have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- Aadhar card is not mandatory to apply for JEE Mains 2020 entrance exams.
- Candidates appearing among the top 2,45,000 qualified students will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- NTA has set up more than 3400 Practice centers in the country for the preparation of the students.
- Diabetic students can take water bottle, fruits and sugar tablets inside the exam center.
JEE Mains 2020 Exam Dates
Below we have provided all the official JEE Main Dates for various events taking place in the January session (over) and April session:
|Release of Online Application||7th February 2020|
|Last date to submit application||12th March 2020|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||12th March 2020|
|Application form re-open||19th – 24th May 2020 (Re-open)|
|Application correction window||4th – 15th July 2020|
|Downloading of Admit card||–|
|JEE Mains 2020 Exam||1st – 6th September 2020 (Announced)|
|Announcement of Result||–|
|Notification release||August 2019|
|Release of Application Form||3rd September 2019|
|Image correction started||13th September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th October 2019 (Extended)|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||11th October 2019|
|Application correction window||14th – 20th October 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||6th December 2019 (Released)|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||6th – 9th January 2020|
|Release of answer key & responses||13th January 2020|
|Last date to submit objection||15th January 2020|
|Final answer key release||17th January 2020|
|Declaration of Results||17th January 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
NTA JEE Main Admit Card for April session exam will be released in the month of July 2020.
To download the admit card, candidates have to click on the provided online link and enter their application number and password. Candidates are also informed about their release of admit card through SMS or mail.
JEE Mains 2020 Slot Booking
The allocation of exam date, shift and exam centers will be done by NTA itself. Students are not provided with the option of selecting the exam date, time or venue using slot booking. It will be done by authority few days before the release of admit card. To check the allotted exam date, time, shift and center, students have to login through their registered id and password.
No request or correspondence will be further entertained in this case by the officials.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
JEE Mains 2020 April Session entrance test will be conducted 1st to 6th September 2020.
Check the complete NTA JEE Main Exam pattern provided below, before starting your exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: The entrance test will be organized in online CBT mode. However, the drawing test of B.Arch Paper will be only held in offline mode.
- Number of Papers: The entrance exam will be held for B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Plan papers.
- Type of Questions: The questions in both the papers will be of objective type. As per new changes, the paper will also have questions in which answers are to be filled as numerical values. The drawing test of B.Arch paper will be of subjective type.
- Total Marks: Paper of B.E/ B.Tech will be of total 300 marks. While, B.Arch/ B.Plan will be of total 400 marks.
- Number of Questions: Paper of B.E/ B.Tech will consists of total 75 questions. B.Arch paper will have total of 77 questions and B.Plan paper will have total of 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for every correct answer. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Gujarati & some other state languages.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the paper will be of 3 hours. Extra time of 1 hour will be provided to candidates with 40% disability (PwD candidates).
Section wise distribution of questions and marks for both the papers of JEE Main 2020:
For B.E/ B.Tech Paper:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For B.Arch Paper:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For B.Plan Paper:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Planning Based Questions-Part II||25|
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
The complete NTA JEE Main Syllabus can be checked by the students via online mode. Syllabus of Paper I contain various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics studied in the 11th and 12th level.
Paper II Syllabus contain topics from the Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing sections.
Check below the detailed syllabus of JEE Main 2020
For JEE Mains 2020 B.E/ B.Tech Paper:
Physics and measurement, Rotational motion, Thermodynamics, Laws of motion, Oscillations and waves, Electronic devices, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Current electricity, Optics, Electrostatics, Work, energy and power, Kinematics, Gravitation, Kinetic theory of gases, Properties of solids and liquids, etc.
Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Sequences and series, Mathematical induction, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Integral calculus, Statistics and probability, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Vector algebra, Trigonometry, Permutations and combinations, Mathematical reasoning, etc.
Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Equilibrium, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, etc.
Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Organic compounds containing halogens, Chemistry in everyday life, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, D – and f – block elements, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Hydrogen, Environmental chemistry, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
For JEE Mains 2020 B.Arch/ B.Plan Paper:
Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Buildings, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal),Materials, Visualising, etc.
Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, colour texture, building forms and elements, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, harmony and contrast, Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, subtraction, rotation, etc.
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the below provided preparation tips to score good marks and qualify the entrance test:
- Before starting the preparation, candidates must know the complete details of exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus.
- While preparing for the exam, note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place. Revise these notes regularly.
- Prepare for the exam from the study material which is mostly recommended by other qualified candidates and experienced teachers.
- Students can solve previous year exam papers or sample papers to know the exam trend and type of questions coming in the exam.
JEE Advanced 2020; Exam Dates, Syllabus & Other Important Information:
Candidates can check below official JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Dates for various events:
|Application form release||September 2020|
|Application form last date||September 2020|
|Last date for fee payment of application form||September 2020|
|Admit card releasing||September 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date||27th September 2020|
|Copy of candidate responses to be|
available on the website
|Answer key releases||–|
|Receiving of objection (if any)||–|
|Online display of final answer keys||–|
|Result declaration of JEE Advanced 2020||–|
|Online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||–|
|AAT exam date||–|
|Result Declaration of AAT||–|
|Seat Allotment starts||–|
|Last date for seat allotment||–|
JEE Advanced 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check below JEE Advanced 2020 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the test:
- Nationality: All Indian National (including OCI/PIO) and foreign national candidates will be eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2019 or 2020 with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored 75% marks (65% for SC/ ST/ PWD category in 12th or equivalent examination.
- Age limit: Candidates must have born on or after October 1, 1995. 5 years of relaxation will be given to SC, ST and PWD candidates.
- No. of attempts: Candidates will only be able to apply JEE Advanced maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
- Mandatory: It will be mandatory to appear in JEE Main 2020 for applying JEE Advanced 2020.
- Performance: Candidates will have to come under the top 250,000 qualifying candidates in BE/B.TEch paper of JEE Main 2020 (including all categories).
- Earlier admission at IITs: Candidates who will be admitted to any preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2020 will be eligible to apply in JEE Advanced 2020.
- Candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled after joining any IIT will also be not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2020. However, those paid seat acceptance fee but doesn’t report at center OR cancelled their seat before last allotment round in the year 2019 are eligible for JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
Candidates must check the following information regarding JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form before proceeding to fill the form:
- JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form will be filled through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the form from September 2020.
- The online registration will get closed on September 2020.
- Candidates are advised to register with working email ID & mobile number at time of JEE Advanced 2020 registration to get login credentials.
- Along with academic & educational details, candidates will also have to fill the exam city preference.
- No correction facility in the application form will be provided by the board so candidates must fill the details carefully.
- Candidates will have to submit scanned copies of all required documents.
Documents to be submitted at time of registration are:
- 10th certificate (for Date of Birth verification)
- Birth certificate (if it is not mentioned in 10th certificate)
- 12th or equivalent examination certificate
- Category Certificate (If SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL)
- PWD certificate (if necessary)
- PIO/ OCI certificate (if applicable), etc.
Mode of Payment: JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form Fee can be paid through online mode.
- For online mode, it will be paid via credit card, debit card or net-banking.
- Application Fee for Indian National candidates & foreign countries candidates is discussed below:
|Indian National Candidates||Fee|
|Female candidates (all category)||INR 1400/-|
|SC, ST, PWD Candidates||INR 1400/-|
|All other candidates||INR 2800/-|
|Foreign National Candidates||Fee|
|Candidates from SAARC Countries||USD 75|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC Countries||USD 150|
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the details regarding JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern below:
- Mode: JEE Advanced 2020 exam will get conducted in online (computer-based) mode.
- Medium: The paper will be available in the English or Hindi language.
- Duration: The exam will be conducted for 3 hours.
- Paper: There will be two compulsory papers – Paper I and Paper II.
- Questions Type: Question paper will consist of objective type of questions.
- Subjects: The exam will contain questions from the subjects of – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Marking: There will be negative marking in the paper and will vary for different papers.
Details regarding both papers, their total no. of marks & marking scheme are as follows:
|JEE Advanced 2020 Paper 1 Sections||No. of Questions||Total no. of marks||Marking (per question)||Negative Marking (-)|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Paper 2 Sections||No. of Questions||Total no. of marks||Marking (per scheme)||Negative Marking|
For Architecture Aptitude Test (Paper 2):
- Exam Mode: AAT exam will hold via offline (pen-paper) mode.
- No. of papers: Only 1 paper will be there in AAT.
- Questions Type: Question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Duration: The exam duration will be of 3 hours.
- Medium Language: Question paper will be held in English language.
- Sections: The paper will contain questions from Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
Distribution of no. of questions & total number of marks from each sections is:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total no. of marks|
JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus
JEE Advanced Syllabus for Paper I consist of questions from the subjects of – Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
Some of the major topics from each subject will be:
Physics: It consists of units & dimensions, speed of sounds, mechanics, thermal physics, electricity & magnesium, optics, modern physics and much more.
Chemistry: Physical Chemistry includes general topics as oxidation, reduction, gaseous & liquid state, atomic structure & chemical bonding, electrochemistry, surface chemistry etc. Inorganic Chemistry includes preparation & properties of non-metals, ores & minerals and etc. Organic Chemistry will include reaction of benzene, carbohydrates, amino acids 7 peptides etc.
Mathematics: It contain topics like Algebra, Matrices, Probability, Trigonometry, Geometry, Integral & Differential Calculus and much more.
For JEE Advanced 2020 Paper II:
Paper II comprise of simple drawing containing lines, angles, triangles and etc., surface texture, relative location, details of its components parts, common domestic or day to day life objects like equipment, furniture, architectural awareness questions, etc.
JEE Advanced 2020 Preparation Tips
Below we have discussed some preparation tips for the JEE Advanced 2020 entrance test:
- Practice from good source of study material.
- Practice by solving previous years question papers and sample papers.
- Take proper rest and eat healthy for good health.
- Go through exam pattern, marking pattern and syllabus to prepare well for the exam.
- Attempt mock tests regularly for analyzing your preparation.
- Prepare short and effective notes while studying.