CBSE New Syllabus 2021-22 Class 9th – 12th
About CBSE Curriculum
The curriculum refers to the lessons and educational content to be taught to a learner in a school. In empirical terms, it may be regarded as the sum
total of a planned set of educational experiences provided to a learner by a school. It encompasses general objectives of learning, competencies to
be attained, courses of study, subject-wise learning outcomes and content, pedagogical practices and assessment guidelines. The curriculum provided
by CBSE is based on National Curriculum Framework-2005 and seeks to provide opportunities for students to achieve excellence in learning.
Salient Features of the CBSE Secondary School Curriculum
The Curriculum prescribed by CBSE strives to:
1. provide ample scope for holistic i.e. physical, intellectual and social development of students;
2. emphasize constructivist rather than rote learning by highlighting the importance of hands-on experience;
3. enlist general and specific teaching and assessment objectives to make learning competency-based;
4. encourage the application of knowledge and skills in real-life problem solving scenarios;
5. uphold the ‘Constitutional Values’ by encouraging values-based learning activities;
6. promote Critical and Creative Thinking aligned to the 21st Century Skills in classrooms;
7. integrate innovations in pedagogy such as experiential learning, Sport & Art-Integrated Learning ,toy-based pedagogy, storytelling, gamification etc. with technological innovations (ICT integration) to keep pace with the global trends in various disciplines;
8. promote inclusive practices as an overriding consideration in all educational activities;
9. enhance and support learning by different types of assessments; and
10. integrate environmental education in various disciplines from classes I- XII.
Objectives of the Curriculum
The Curriculum aims to:
1. achieve cognitive, affective and psychomotor excellence;
2. enhance self-awareness and explore innate potential;
3. attain mastery over laid down competencies;
4. imbibe 21st century learning, literacy and life skills;
5. promote goal setting, and lifelong learning;
6. inculcate values and foster cultural learning and iternational understanding in an interdependent society;
7. acquire the ability to utilize technology and information for the betterment of humankind;
8. strengthen knowledge and attitude related to livelihood skills;
9. develop the ability to appreciate art and show case talents;
10. Promote physical fitness, health and well-being.
11. Promote arts integrated learning.